Tuesday, February 11, 2014


 Hello again! This is what our class ASM3O has been working on: coloring in Photoshop. This was basically for those not used to Photoshop to get used to coloring with it; but I decided to go off on the web and find a random coloring page for practice for future assignments. Above, is a picture of the coloring page I spent time both coloring and shading and adding a simple blue background.
Basically the way I made it was I applied the flat colors first, and then darkened each layer so that the outline could be visible. Then I went over in another layer and used white to paint all the leaves on the tree. I then turned that layer to soft light so that it appeared as if the shading was lighter green. I also turned the opacity down to 60% so that the green wasn't overpowering the image as much. For the bird himself I also painted in white the shading on him before switching the layer to soft light and reducing the opacity to 56%.


I also decided to include a version of the file when it has no outline included in it- so only the coloring and shading is visible. Personally I like this version of the bird over the one with an outline, because it seems more clean and more impacting to the viewer. However, since the assignment was to color a coloring book page I decided to include both files anyways.

0 comments :

Post a Comment